Displacement Tracking Matrix
IOM in coordination with the Ministry of Labour, Social and Humanitarian Affairs and the Ministry of Security has put in place the program Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) in order to collect information regarding the displaced population in Mali.
The activities implemented through this program include: the registration of the displaced households in the southern regions, the data collection regarding the displaced population and returnees in the northern regions, the needs assessments in the northern villages as well as the monitoring of population movements in the entry and transit points of the main cities of Bamako, Mopti, Timbuktu and Gao.
Key Facts and Figures
- Displacement Tracking Matrix established to track and monitor population movements
- 69,993 people* currently Internally displaced
- 526,505 returnees * currently identified in the northern regions of Gao, Mopti, Timbuktu and Kidal
- Leadership of the Commission on Movements Population (CMP)
- Flow Monitoring Points (FMP) established in the entry and transit points of the main cities
- Reports produced and disseminated weekly (FMP reports), monthly (CMP report) and bimonthly (DTM report) to the Government and humanitarian community
*Number reported in August 2018.