IOM in close coordination with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation as well as the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources provides emergency assistance to the displaced population and host communities. As co-leader of the Shelter and NFI cluster, IOM provides the most vulnerable population with proper shelter solutions and non-food assistance.
IOM also provides access to basic health services as well as access to potable water and hygiene and sanitation facilities.
Key Facts and Figures
Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI)
- 947 IDP households (6,250 individuals) benefitted with cash for rental support in Bamako, Mopti and Timbuktu.
- 1,175 IDP households (7,755 individuals) provided with NFI kits in Bamako, Mopti and Timbuktu.
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- 12 water points rehabilitated in 10 villages in Mopti
- 1,397 households (9,226 individuals) provided with access to potable water and hygiene promotion activities in Mopti
- Hygiene promotion activities in 10 villages in Mop. IOM is currently expanding WASH activities in Gao and Timbuktu
- 48 health community centers supported through distribution of medicines.
- 15,360 IDPs and other vulnerable population provided with health care